Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thing 17. ELM Productivity Tools

I am familiar with ELM Productivity tools because I use them on a daily basis at work, either showing patrons how to do searches or doing searches myself. I have also helped patrons set up e-book accounts and I do have one myself. Personally, I don't like using e-books but if you need the information right now I could see where students would welcome the chance to read a book online. Setting up a RSS Search Alert was a nightmare. After many futile attemps my colleague Adele helped me set up my alert. I now have a RSS search alert from EBSCO for Irish Dance. I don't think that I will ever need to or want to set up another search alert but I may have to help patrons setting up RSS alerts.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Avatar

Yahoo! Avatars