Monday, March 16, 2009

Thing 27. Twitter

I visited Twitter and signed up for a free account. I chose to keep my tweets private. I did try a few tweets to see what it was like to send them. I did look at the Youtube videos for How to Use Twitter and How to Use Twitter for Business. If I was interested in marketing and had 4-5 hours to spend on Twitter I could see where Twitter could be useful. I did enjoy looking at the Hibbing and Luria Library Twitter sites. Current library programs, info on tax help, new library hours and recommended books all on 1 page. For people living in these areas I could see where these sites would be helpful. I am following two sites, an Obama site and a co-worker site. I doubt that I will look at these much since I prefer to IM work colleagues and I like sites with a lot more information but I will probably check out the Obama site every couple of weeks. Basically, I don't really want to know what celebrities or friends are doing every minute of the day and I have other ways of finding out important information but at least I know how to Twitter. I also don't have hours to check out these sites or keep mine updated!

1 comment:

Carolnb said...

Well you are now a stalker too.

Powered By Blogger

Avatar

Yahoo! Avatars